Sunday, February 21, 2010

What does it mean to be a bear?

During last years picnic in the park a friend encouraged me to embrace my the bear within. I had grown a moustache for movember (p.s. I raised $145.00 for it - bonus) and found it suited me so I decided to keep it and was encouraged to grow a goatee, I don't blindly follow my friends advice usually but it seemed like a laugh so I went through with it. Three months down the track and here I am I have full on Ginger goatee, and strangely enough I don't mind it. So I read as much as I could on bears, bear culture and the community. The one thing that was always mentioned in the stuff about bears is the open and friendly atmosphere, so I decided to take the plunge and go to a bear club meeting. I haven't met a bigger bunch of benevolent boys for a very long time. The major conclusion I came to was that to be a bear in the gay community is to be friendly, open and have a love of life, friends and the community.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment