Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleep while standing

Working night shift can take a hell of a lot out of you. When employment legislation was created the governing body decided on an 8/8/8 style day, 8 hours working, 8 hours personal time, 8 hours sleeping. I work my 8 hours, I have my 8 hours personal time, but not 8 hours sleep. I'm lucky to get 2 - 5 hours sleep during the day and because it's during the day it's not real solid REM sleep. I can feel it taking a toll on my physical and mental health. My fuse is shorter and I have put on weight, both because I have no energy to do much. Once the loan is paid off and have my financial health is worked out, I won't have to work as much, and I can then concentrate on my physical and mental health. Eye on the prize!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment