Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can you be inoculated again discrimination?

Being someone from within a minority you would assume that I would be more tolerant toward others from other minorities. Alas no, I am mentally racist towards other races, creeds, and colours. Where did I learn this, partially from my parents and partially from experiences that I have personally had. Growing up in a town, that I won't name, on the south coast of New South Wales my parents always taught me to be very wary of who you have contact with as they will more than likely rip you off or steal from you. Case in point as soon as soon as my younger brother became friends with a local aboriginal boy my house was robbed by him and several of his family, a lesson learnt the hard way. My mother told me the story of a friend of ours who owned a cafe, a drunk aboriginal picked up the tables and chairs and threw them at passing cars, the person throwing the furniture was let of in court with a warning, and the cafe owner was charged with neglegent behaviour and made to pay damaged to the owners of the cars both for their vehicles and emotional damage, yes he had to file for bankrupcy within a year. My friend was chased down and accosted by a number of girls for her watch. She didn't give it to them jumping into the car of my brother speeding away. Years have passed and things have not changed much, I have backpacked throughout several continents and been in a relationship for 9+ years. Nowadays I still get nervous around drunk people especially aboriginals. On the bus going back about a month ago two drunk aboriginals had passed out on one of the seats one had obviously urinated themselves the heat of the bus made the bus stink and the drunkard continued to wet himself. Passengers and myself asked the driver if he could do anything about it, he said if he did he would be fired for discrimination, leaving about 10 passengers to suffer. The other way I mentally discriminate is feel angry towards those from international locations, the state government fly them here, give them free education in courses such as aged care, free accomodation, and pay employers half their wages for the first 12 months. There are thousands of people homeless and others that could do with the leg up and the government discriminate against them as well. So once again I miss out on work as the people who have half their wages paid get by the government get the work. Great Australia day when the people who were born here can't even get work even though they are crying out for it. The one thing that the government can't understand though is that the aged care residents that they care for have a very hard time understanding them as they have limited English speaking skills and refuse to listen to or follow instruction because they themselves cannot understand us. I don't commit hate crime but I mentally discriminate.

No comments:

Post a Comment